How To Fix Missing Fp4autl.dll And FP4AWEC.DLL

Good evening guys! I was unable to update posts because of my system failure but after formatting everything is ok now. But after formatting my laptop I was trying to install Microsoft office 2007 but it failed several times with a error “Windows installer service cannot update one or more protected windows files, installation failed". I got this error because two files Fp4autl.dll and FP4AWEC.DLL are missing from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\40\bin.  After research I got a working solution to fix these .dll files.

Steps to fix these .dll files are as follows:-

1- Go and download Software Update for Web Folders (KB907306) here.

2- Run the downloaded program, it will ask you to insert your windows disk.

3- After completion, Restart your computer.

4- Now you can install Microsoft office 2007.

Thats it. :)

Do comment for any help regarding this.


By Swaraj Rai.        
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home