Starting Blog With Blogger

Blogging is a good habit and you can easily manage it, if you stay little bit away from your social profiles like Facebook, twitter. I’m writing this post on request of my friends and to the ones who is willing to know about blogging. You can express your views by blogging and also earn from your blog (Google ad-sense).

First you need to know how to create a blog with blogger. Building a blogger blog is something that is different from building a website. Do you know how blogger blog is different from a website? because in order to create a blog,
it is not necessary to buy a domain name and web space from providers like godaddy.com. Buying domain name and web space may be costly but it worth it all. They provide better tools and services such as seo tools, free email accounts for your domain (abc@yourdomainname.com), various blogging platforms like WordPress, Joomla etc. as compared to blogger. But still blogger is used by most of users because it’s trustworthy and owned by Google. There is no need to waste money on buying a domain names if you are creating a personal blog or if you are new in this era.

Now, it’s all up to you, if you can afford a domain name like.com, .net, .org etc and web space then visit godaddy.com. Otherwise continue reading this post. I’ll tell you how to make a blog free from blogger and various features of blogger.

Before I continue, I would like to share my short, sweet and little bit sore experience in building websites and blogs. I started my first website with .com domain before couple of year. As I was newbie that time I paid Rs 10000 for domain name and web space to a third party organization. I know this is shocking to know. But as I told I was newbie. But now I realize that was not waste, that was invest.  Although I paid much money but I got very good knowledge and skills in making websites and blogs. Always remember one thing, ‘There is nothing new you can learn without trying and probably making mistakes’.

After building my first website, I went for a e-commerce website but it was not much successful. Finally I have this blog with all my past experience and skills. So I’ll suggest you to start building a blog with Google’s blogger. Creating a blog with blogger does not need any coding skill. You can create a blog by having some basic knowledge about computer engineering but you should have a creative mind.

Step by step procedure to make a blog on blogger.com:-

  • Go to blogger.com and sign-in with your Gmail account. If you don’t have, get here.
  • Enter Display name. This will be used to sign your blog post. Click “continue”.
  • Click “Create Your Blog Now”.
  • Click “New blog”.
  • Give Title for Your blog. Title should be matching to your content.
  • Make a available URL for your blog. Check availability of URL by clicking on "Check availability”.
  • Enter words verification and click “continue”.
  • Choose startup template. Click “create blog”.
  • Click “Start blogging”.


That’s all steps is necessary to create a blog on blogger. Now you are ready for your first post.

In next post I’ll show how to post,  what to post, how to change blogger’s blog template, how to view traffic of your blog, how to create pages, how to allow others to write post for your blog (“Guest posting”) and most important how to make dollars from your blog.

Follow me and read my blog daily to get all your answers and ideas about blogging. Thanks to Akansha, Atul, Shahrukh, Ravi and many others who inspired me to write this post. Ping me if you have any doubt about this post.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home